Continuum of Care Grant and Prospective Grantees
THN provides technical assistance and guidance to agencies and communities applying for funding to create new Housing and Service programs
- THN leads the HUD CoC Grant process and applicants must submit proposals through THN in this annual competition.
- THN provides technical assistance on other governmental grants, foundation requests, and community fundraisers.
Visit the Resources page for the BoS CoC Grant Materials.
Point-in-Time Count Materials and Reports
Visit the Resources page for current and past PIT materials and reports.
TX BoS CoC Written Standards: Open for Public Comment 3/10/17-3/24/17
On March 10, 2017, the TX BoS CoC announced the opening of the TX BoS CoC Written Standards to public comment, a copy of which can be found by clicking here or by clicking on the link below.
A public comment period allows for stakeholders within the TX BoS CoC to review proposed regulations and provide feedback. You are a stakeholder within the TX BoS CoC if you live or work within the TX BoS CoC and are committed to ending homelessness. See a map of the TX BoS CoC’s coverage area here. The period for public comment will close on Friday, March 24, 2017 at 11:59 PM.
Under 24 CFR §578.7(a)(9) of the Continuum of Care (CoC) Interim Rule of 2012, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) requires that the Texas Balance of State Continuum of Care (TX BoS CoC) have Written Standards that govern program eligibility, prioritization, participant termination, and confidentiality of participant records.
Tips for Generating Good Comments
- Read the document thoroughly
- Feel free to reach out to the Balance of State Programs Coordinator with any questions
- Be concise but support your claims
- The support for your claims should be based on sound reasoning, scientific evidence, and/or how you will be impacted
- Address trade-offs and opposing views in your comment
- There is no minimum or maximum length for an effective comment
- If you are commenting on a specific question please include the page and/or section title in your comment
- Focus on content not on formatting
The deadline for submitting comments has been extended to 11:59 PM on Wednesday, March 29, 2017. Please only include comments related to the TX BoS CoC Written Standards. You may submit comments in any of the following ways:
2) Submit your comment via digital form: https://goo.gl/forms/BfD0ydKjKvKPbtu33
3) Mail your comment to:
Texas Homeless Network
Attn: Caitlin Bayer
1713 Fortview Rd.
Austin, TX 78704
The TX BoS CoC greatly appreciates your time and attention to providing helpful and constructive comments.